Senior Accounting Associate
- Take the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process related to corporate accounting, including preparing and reviewing journal entries and supporting work paper reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts.
- Track transactions, movement in the accounts specifically focusing on the bank transactions.
- Reconcile bank transactions and preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation statement.
- Manage aging receivables and payables. Ensuring vendors are timely paid and the invoices to the clients are timely raised.
- Regularly maintain and update fixed asset records including preparation of the monthly depreciation schedules.
- Prepare full set of financial statements for the group, making sure they are compliant with the IFRS and the local statutory requirements.
- Preparation of the ad hoc management reports.
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, periodic internal audits and ad-hoc tax requests.
- Ensure GST records are accurate while ensuring proper filing of the GST reports.
- Supervise the accounting associates and allocation of daily task ensuring targets are met through proper planning.
- Training and development of the accounting associates.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience including 2 years of managing a team.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in accounting from an accredited college or university required
- Strong knowledge of IAS, IFRS and MFRS is a must.
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
What’s On Offer