The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparations, tax preparations, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with company executives and senior management, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Responsible for accounting functions i.e. receivables, payables, expense reports, GL, and ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the month end close.
- Responsible for consolidating financial reports of all subsidiaries with the parent holding company on a monthly basis.
- Involve in implementing (improvements) and maintaining a system of adequate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure financial risks are identified and suitably addressed.
- Involve in the financial planning and preparations of the annual budget(s), periodical forecast(s) and management reports.
- Involve and coordinate the annual audit and the tax preparations for all subsidiaries of the holding company.
- Involve in tax planning and ensure compliance with applicable tax law(s), timely filing of the required tax forms, and other tax related matters if required.
- Involve in performing the company’s treasury function (cash management) and maintain relationships with customers, vendors, and financial institutions.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Candidate is required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Head of Finance.