As the Senior Japanese Interpreter, you will be working closely with the Art and Production teams and will be responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from Japanese to English and from English to Japanese. The Senior Japanese Interpreter will be expected to communicate professionally to our Japanese clients with minimal guidance and be able to translate technical language from Japanese to English or English to Japanese. On top of their interpretation duties a Senior Japanese Interpreter will be expected to be able to guide and teach other Japanese Interpreters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a high quality of translation and interpretation among the Japanese Interpreters.
- Creating, recommending, or running training programs for the interpreters.
- Translates and supervise the translation of technical documents, briefs, client feedback, and other documents from Japanese to English.
- Assist the Art and Production teams in communicating with our Japanese clients in writing.
- Act as an interpreter during the participation in meetings with our Japanese clients.
- Responsible for documenting conversations and discussions with the clients when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of our production pipeline and our project management tool.
- Maintains the understanding and knowledge of network between the company and our clients.
- Assist in maintaining/building a good relationship with the clients.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.