Reporting to the Art Director, you will be working collaboratively with the production to help create in-game and cinematic animations. The 3D Animator is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous and timely manner; and has a strong understanding of traditional animation fundamentals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Animate characters real-time and pre-rendered sequences
- Apply your knowledge of optimization techniques and be a strong key frame animator with a good eye for performance
- Understand the animation pipeline and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Work with art team to ensure timely completion of assets while communicating regularly with Lead Artist regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Artist’s guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives and milestones
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
- Has strong skills in modelling, skinning, rigging, etc. using 3DsMax or equivalent 3D programs
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to establish character personality
- Experience or knowledge of the game development pipeline
- Self-motivated, great team-player, and able to effectively collaborate with game artists, programmers and the production team.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or related game engine technologies
- Low level scripting experience