The lighting artist is expected to work both independently and with the Art Directors and Art Leads on creating in-game lighting effects for AAA games.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce quality lighting effects at different stages of the production cycle
- Work on developing best practices and improvements for the lighting pipeline
- Able to interpret concepts, brief documentation, and artistic directions into their lighting designs
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
- Proficient with relevant software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, and Photoshop, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of game engines such as Unreal Engine 4, Unity, and Cryengine
- Strong understanding of colour grading, PBR and Linear workflows
- Good understanding of aesthetics, shadows, and colour palettes
- Able to concept and render environments in 2D
- Has experience using Premiere, After Effects, and Combustion