Reporting to the Lead Artist and Art Director, the 2D/Concept Artist works within a team of artists to create 2D assets necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones. The 2D/Concept artist’s main responsibilities will be creating illustrations, textures and/or concept art for a wide range of subject matter and styles ranging from backgrounds, vehicles, characters, creatures, robots, and machinery that can be stylized, realistic, sci-fi, or fantasy.
The 2D/Concept Artist is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advanced / intermediate texturing and or concept art and illustration experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Continually refines personal artistic abilities and knowledge of new software packages and in-house tools.
- Is expected to continue to refine artistic abilities and learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.
- Works efficiently and effectively within technical constraints of a production while generating high-quality artwork that matches (or) exceeds studios standards.
- Ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Artist regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Artists guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives and milestones.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
- Expert in at least three areas of 2D artistic production.
- High level of drawing and illustration skills, able to work in both digital and traditional medium.
- Have a high understanding in human anatomy, perspective, lighting and rendering. Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space.
- A keen interest in design, architecture, film and games.
- Have a vast imagination, Ability to visualize and interpret other people ideas.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, Unity and/or CryEngine.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design and/or industrial design.
- Strong grasp of human anatomy, gestures, and posing.